Tuesday, August 19, 2008

40 Weeks Seems Forever Away!

I saw my family doctor yesterday for the last time until baby is born. I see my OB GYN in September on the 12th I beleive. The weeks are passing quickly but time sure isn't. When you think in weeks I am 24 tomorrow but having to go to 40 seems like forever away! My iron is better thank goodness. Dr. Clarke had trouble again finding baby's heart beat and checked my ultrasound results to find out my placenta is laying anterior. So baby is hiding behind my placenta making it hard to find her heart beats. I did not gain any weight since my last visit but his is not a concern.

The last shift I worked I thought I was never going to make it through but did manage. I had a lot of cramping and tightening and had to let myself sit every now and again to rest up. I have a feeling I might not make it until November but we will see. I am working 4 shifts in a row come this weekend so we will see how that goes. I have also been assured that all of my braxton hicks are normal, esspecially for a third child and that I should continue working as long as the contractions stop after resting.

All About Baby

Baby is filling out this week. She looks like a miniature version of what we will see on delivery day. Her face has formed, ears are in place, and eyes are complete (although her lids are still closed). She has eyelashes, fingernails, and may be growing hair, too. Rapid eye movements (REM) are beginning, too.

How Big Is Baby?

This week baby weighs around one and one-half pounds and measures almost eight and one-half inches (crown to rump).

1 comment:

Candice said...

I hate those Braxton Hicks! I had them almost daily after we moved to the apartment. I didn't know what they were at first. I thought she was just really stretching, lol!!