Wednesday, June 11, 2008

14 Weeks and it is Getting Harder to Count!


I now have to keep checking my ticker to see just how far along I am. Until I am going to the Doctors office more regularly I don't think I am going to remember as I am keeping way too busy with the girls and keeping the house clean!
I see Dr. Clarke tomorrow and I should be able to hear baby's heart beat then. I am very much looking forward to that. Other than that I think my appointment will be pretty uneventful except I may get the results back from my first ultrasound.
I am still gagging and getting sick at the smell of anything terrible ie. garbage, dirty pants, something cooking.... yuck! I hate getting sick to my stomach. There is not much worse than that!
Baby is a regular wiggler now but it is too soon for me to feel it yet. I did feel some growing pains last night in my left side (they were nagging and horrible). This is normal for this time as everything is growing and streching to accommodate room for baby. Baby-to-be's face is becoming more distinguishable as his eyes move closer together and his ears move closer to their final positions. He's also growing soft baby hair all over his body, which is thought to help anchor developing skin, as well as forming hair on his eyebrows and scalp. He may hiccup too, even though his lungs are filled with fluid, not air.
The little one is currently between 3.2 to 4.5 inches (from crown to rump) and weighs in at around .9 ounces.
I will post again tomorrow and let you know how things went at my appointment. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: