Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Four Months and Still Counting!


Tomorrow I will have reached the four month mark. Only 5 more months to go. I am already feeling the aches and pains of pregnancy and it seems SO early. I think my body is saying I might need to be done having children. Maybe it will soon get better?? We shall see. Baby is already laying on my siatic nerve causing huge amounts of pain to Momma! My lower back is aching after a long shift at work and if I sit too long I can barely walk when I get up from being so stiff! I feel much much older than my young 27 and VERY out of shape! LOL I am still throwing up too! This morning Lilly coughed so much she started vommiting and then when I had to clean it up I vommited too after much gagging!

On a more exciting note... before long I will be able to distinguish kicks and hiccups too! By week 16, baby-to-be's body is doing more to support itself. Her kidneys function and produce urine that then passes through the umbilical cord. Within her stomach, bile is secreted, although she relies Momma for all of her nutrients. Her appearance changes as her scalp hair grows and may even have color. Her developing facial muscles make it possible for her to open and close her mouth, maybe even give a smile or two.

How Big Is Baby?
This week, the little one is around four inches long (crown to rump) and weighs in at nearly three ounces.

No comments: