Monday, June 2, 2008

My Ultrasound and The Blood Witch!

Picture 1 is pretty self explanitory (head right and tummy left)

The 2nd picture isn't as clear. The top centre of the photo shows the arm and hand. Baby is waving hello to all of you! Baby's head is under the hand on the right.


My Ultrasound went really well! My little baby actually looks like a little baby with a heart beat of 151 beats/min. The technician was very nice and showed me many different parts of the baby. I also got two pictures to bring home with me which aren't very clear but they are proof for all that weren't there that indeed baby lies inside :) I had to take pictures of the ultrasound pictures in order to post them. Hope all can see!



After my ultrasound I needed to get a whole lot of blood taken. Stupidly I agreed to do an extra study (allowing for them to take even more blood from me than they needed). The lady (who was actually quite nice) tried many times to find my veins and was unsuccessful. I have many marks to prove this! LOL She ended up only being able to get the blood that my doctor needed even after much determination and many pokes. All is well though and I lived through the process!



I have another Doctors appointment around the 18th of this month and then I go for my 2nd ultrasound on Friday July 18th. I am looking very forward to that date and have my fingers crossed that we will find out the gender at that appointment. Liam is going to take the afternoon off work and we will go together for that one. I may even take Lilly with us to that appointment as I think she would enjoy being able to see baby inside me. Hope everyone has a great week. I will update again after my next appointment.

No comments: