Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Hemoglobin is Low


Okay... so my appointment was on Tuesday not Thursday. I am constantly forgeting things and I think with a third (or fourth) pregnancy it is much much worse. I am still VERY tired and bloodwork has proven that my Hemoglobin is low (I have a low red blood cell count). What it means is that I am lacking Iron and need to take a supplement to get my count up. Dr. Clarke said she will check it again later in my pregnancy to see if things have improved or not. What I am guessing is that after being on the supplement my iron will be great but I will be SO VERY constipated I will want to explode literally!Pregnancy places major demands on the body, because the mother must meet the needs of both her body and her growing baby. The body needs enough iron and folate to make the right amount of red blood cells. Folate includes leafy greans and liver both of witch I am not very fond! LOL
We were able to hear baby's heart beat today. The nurse tried first and was unsuccessful. This may have something to do with two screaming children in the background and Abigail having to lie on me on the exam table because Mommy was way too far away from the floor when Abby was down there! LOL Dr. Clarke found it almost instantly. Everything as of now seems great except the iron thing. I go for my second ultrasound the middle of July and will have some more blood taken then as well. I will update again in a few days and tell you what is going on with baby for week 15.

No comments: