Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not Such a Great Sleep...


Last night was a little rough (to say the least). I could not sleep to save my life. I tossed and turned for hours before I decided to head downstairs for some quiet time. I checked some e-mails, etc for a few mins and was just about to start some catching up on my Y&R when Abigail started calling for me. Abigail does call out in her sleep occasionally but never usually wakes up. She was REALLY awake last night tho and continued calling for me and Liam until I went up to sit with her. I am not sure what was going on really but she was pretty certian that we should all be awake and head downstairs. I sat with her for about an hour in her room before I made her go back to sleep. I then had to listen to her crying "Mommy" over and over again until she finally faded off. It was a really sad cry too and reminded me of the visit to the OR when she had her day surgery... so sad! So last nights rest consisted of about 2 hours solid rest... brutal!

I cannot belive that I am 34 weeks tomorrow! Only 6 weeks (or less I hope) to go!! I am writing a list tonight of everything I will need once baby arrives and plan on washing baby clothes once the girls are tucked into their cozy beds tonight. Maybe I Awill even pack my bag for the hospital... we will see.

All About Baby
Baby's muscles are maturing along with the rest of her body. She can hold her head up and turn it from side to side. She'll practice this newfound muscle tone by stretching out her arms and kicking her legs. I can assure you the practicing is going well as I am consistantly getting more uncomfortable with every move she is making inside me!

Baby's eyes are now open when awake, and closed when sleeping. Most of the lanugo is gone and replaced with a thick coat of vernix (remember that yucky white cheese both girls were born all covered in?).

How Big Is Baby?
This week baby is about 12.8 inches (crown to rump) and weighs nearly five pounds.
Just about ready to emmerge... or at least I can hope!!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Sounds rough, but she will be here soon and then you will have no problems getting to sleep. I remember just passing out immediatley.